We came across this article on Houzz outlining nine ways to create the farmhouse style in your own home. While a couple of the items had to do with furniture, several had to do with the architecture and finishes of the home. We were happy to see that these elements are clearly represented in our recently completed farmhouse in Pablo Creek Reserve, Dreambuilder 18:
1) The wrap around porch: Dreambuilder 18 features a beautiful wrap-around porch, complete with open-rafter detailing at the eaves.
2) Classic lighting: We featured several authentic light fixtures in the house, including this lantern-style fixture.
3) Light and dark contrasts: We featured dark, rustic hardwood flooring for that earthy foundation, but kept the walls and trim light and white for contrast.
4) The kitchen: An apron-front sink, tin ceiling tiles, and distressed cabinetry makes this kitchen seem like it’s been there forever.
5) The bathtub: And specifically, a claw-foot tub, which we included in the guest bathroom, along with authentic hexagonal floor tile.
Here at Dreambuilder we strive for architectural authenticity in all of our work. Let us help you design an authentic custom home today!